Are you a media professional looking for an experienced trainer? I have trained and coached professionals from all over the world in, specifically, digital journalism practice. From web writing skills and social media management to conducting online research and digital storytelling. Basically, if it is online and within the field of journalism or communication I can get the job done.
All my training programmes are tailor-made-to-fit. And yes, I dare to say my training includes at least one good laugh per hour (if I had the guts I’d be a stand-up comedian) and possibly some heavy metal references.
SO, WHAT’S HAPPENING RIGHT NOW?
Some examples of the training programmes I currently run:
- There’s no need for a Violent Revolution
We prepare and pilot an efficient and effective social media strategy that works for both (editorial) management and those working in the newsroom. I can deliver as little or as much input as you need – you are the Trooper.
- Can I Play with Madness?
Yes, you can! While social media offer a lovely way to accommodate audience participation opening up the channels can lead to chaos and madness on all sorts of levels. What you need? Community management skills. Master those Puppets!
- Sad but True: you probably need to upgrade your online research and verification skills
This training workshop gives you the hands-on skills you need to find the pearls in the online rubbish piles. Once you’ve recognised and found the pearls we start the verification process. There’s no need for a Be Quick Or Be Dead approach: my background is in journalism which means I verify before I publish/ re-post/ like/ RT and so should you.
Interested? Get in touch!
I have tons of other skills and knowledge in the journalism field so don’t hesitate to enquire. Otherwise I’ll dig up an equally eduacted trainer from the Dark Roots of Earth – my network spreads wide.
Just to up my credits…
…I also offer training courses at a number of Dutch media institutes/ companies/ centres. Contact them and ask about me (my full name is Elvira van Noort) and they’ll give you what you’re looking for (a training by me):
- Toine Kamphuis or Freerk Teunissen at NICJ
- Katinka Wals at Trainersburo.nl
- Prof. Peter Verweij from D3-media through firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dominique van Dam at Letters & Concepts
- Tineke van Kooten at CCJ (Centre for Communications and Journalism, University of Applied Sciences)
- Anyone at RNTC (Radio Netherlands Training Centre, part of Radio Netherlands Worldwide)
…I’m registered in the Dutch Central Register for Short Vocational Education (“Centraal Register Kort Beroepsonderwijs” or CRKBO) with the Center for Post-Initial Education (CPION “Centrum Post-Initieel Onderwijs”). “Those in the Register are qualified experts in the field, who are adequately trained in didactical skills as well as in content“.
…I have a Certificate in Teaching Methods (2013, University of Applied Sciences, Utrecht). I know what I’m doing when teaching/ training and can place it all within a theoretical framework.
…lastly, I have this long list of training courses that I’ve been a part of that keeps growing. A selection of the finest:
- Course trainer – workshop: Searching and Publishing with Social Media – Dutch professionals – Centrum voor Communicatie en Journalistiek, Utrecht (10 November 2015)
- Course leader and trainer: Tanzania Refresher Course “Multimedia Journalism: Changing Perspectives on Gender” – African media professionals – RNTC and Tanzania Broadcasting Corporation, Dar es Salaam (July 2015)
- Course trainer – webinar: Web Writing for Journalists – Dutch media professionals – RNTC/ NPO, Hilversum (March 2015)
- Course leader and trainer: Mastering Social Media – international journalists – RNTC, Hilversum (2014, 2015)
- Course trainer – workshop: Crossmedia Publishing – Dutch journalists – Centrum voor Communicatie en Journalistiek, Utrecht (2014, 2015)
- Course trainer and coach: Digital Journalism for Broadcast Journalists – international journalists – RNTC, Hilversum (2013, 2014, 2015)
- Course leader and trainer: Refresher Online Publishing – journalists and editors – RNTC, Kigali, Rwanda (2014)
- Course trainer: Online Journalism – international journalists – RNTC, Hilversum (2014)
- Course leader and trainer: Digital Storytelling – Dutch journalists – Wegener & Centrum voor Communicatie en Journalistiek, Utrecht (2014)
- Course trainer: Refresher – Digital Media Skills – international journalists – RNTC, Hilversum (2013)
- Course trainer: Digital Media Skills – journalists & editors – RNTC, Media Centre Harare, Zimbabwe (2012, 2013)
- Course trainer: Multimedia Storytelling – international students – Utrecht University Summer School (2012, 2013)
- Course leader and trainer: Twitter for Journalists – journalists, editors – Highway Africa conference, Grahamstown, South Africa (2012)
- Course leader and trainer: Digital Media Training – Hospitality Youth Initiative, Grahamstown, South Africa (2011,2012)
- Course leader and trainer: Advanced Social Media Training – university lecturers – University of Applied Sciences, Utrecht (2011,2012)
- Course leader and trainer: Social Media Skills for Beginners – university lecturers – University of Applied Sciences, Utrecht (2010,2011)
- Course leader and trainer: Citizen Journalism – selected local participants – Grocott’s Mail, Grahamstown, South Africa (2010,2011)
- Course trainer: Basic Journalism Skills – selected African participants – Ghetto Radio, Johannesburg, South Africa (2008)